

After cruising up the Oregon Coast, I find myself in Astoria which is at the mouth of the Columbia River. There isn't a lot to this town but one major fact. The legendary kids film 'The Goonies' was filmed in this place. I remember the film from when I was young and can remember some of the scenes around town. I go and have a look at the house that they lived in which is up a hill and there is a cross bridge where 00-negative does his death slide thing from. Cannon beach where I was earlier was also the setting for where the Pirate ship sails from. The place I am staying (last minute thing as where I wanted to stay was full) appears to be a flop house where strange people live. Can't wait to get to Portland where I am staying in a proper hostel. At least I have a TV to amuse myself - the local cinema is still showing Pirates of the Carribean 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment