Tuesday, 14 August 2007

Touristy Vancouver



Aug 13th. Today is a day to do all things touristy in Vancouver. First destination is to Grouse Mountain which is a short bus ride after a short ferry ride from downtown. It is a little overpriced and busy but I head up the Skyride to the mountain top and get some cool views of the city below. The weather is perfect so I can see as far as VI. There are various activities up here - A habitat for a couple of orphan Grizzlie bears, A bird place and also I take in the Lumberjack show which grates a little and becomes tiresome. After this I do the 'Screaming Eagle' chairride which gives some cool views of the city but then I have had enough and head back to downtown and then check out the legendary Steam Clock in Gastown called 'Ole Gassy'. I am privileged to arrive on the half hour so I get to see gassy do a few toots of music. Nice. After this I wander for a while, buy some socks and head back to the hostel to have a lie down/snooze. Well deserved too!
Pictures (Left) - View from the top of Grouse Mountain, (Right) - Gastown's pride and joy - Ole Gassy, (Bottom) - Random Fountains by the Art Museum

No comments: